The simplest way to customize Twinity is to upload your own textures. You can use any JPEG or PNG picture on your hard drive and apply it to frames, walls, objects or clothes. This guide shows you how.
Changing images on a frames
Frames are perfect if you want to show your favorite pictures inside your apartment. Adding a frame with a picture can be done with five simple steps:
- Right click on the wall and select "Place item..."
Type "frame" into the library browser search box to find a frame, select a frame that fits your needs
and click "PLACE"
- Right click on your new frame and select "Frame Content" > "Picture..."
Select the tab "MY COMPUTER" in the library browser and find a picture on your hard drive
- Press "APPLY" and enjoy your new picture on the wall
Changing images on floors, ceiling and walls
In most apartments in Twinity you can change the textures for walls, floor and ceiling, if you are owner or flatmate.
- Just right-click on the surface you want to change and select "Change texture..."
Select a picture from your hard drive (see frame example above) and you are done.
Changing images on objects
Some objects allow you to change their default texture.
- If you like to try this feature search for "Angel" in the shop and place the free Angel figure in your apartment
- Right click on the object and select "Change texture..."
Select a picture from your hard drive (see frame example above) and you are done
Changing images on clothes
You can also apply your on textures on cloth items. Here is the tutorial how to do that.
Here is a tutorial video, that shows the Twinity frame in action: